This is the majority of my work is done from work-related stuff to hobbies/open-source projects. I don’t train large ML/DL models on my home machine as I have experienced the misfourtine of nvidia-driver crashing, RAMs fully not working, and/or Linux Kernel not wanting to working at all (yes, I have tried to access recovery-mode but sometimes you can’t). Therefore, I don’t try to abuse my home machine. However, I do abuse my work machine where I SSH to it to do most of my work.
- CPU: AMD Threadripper 2970WX 3 GHz 24-Core Processor
- CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
- Motherboard: ASRock X399M Taichi Micro ATX sTR4 Motherboard
- GPU: NVIDIA 2080Ti (Founder Edition)
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
- Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case
- Headphones: Beyerdynamic 459038 DT 990 PRO
- Keyboard: Redragon K552 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Mouse: Logitech G502
To SSH to from home machine or laptop and do actual training or resource intensive work.
- CPU: Some Intel Xeon CPU
- CPU Cooler: IDK
- Motherboard: Some HP motherboard
- GPU: 2x NVIDIA Titan X
- RAM: 64GB
- Case: Some HP Case
- No headphones, keyboard, mouse, or monitors because I use SSH to access the machine
- Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04 - I have disabled GUI so Xorg is the only thing that is using the GPU resource (4-5MB)
To SSH to work machines or browsing.
To take hand-written notes or draw diagrams.